- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 4-oz halibut fillets (1-inch thick)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A dash of honey
- 1 lemon
- Chop the hazelnuts and spread on a cookie sheet.
- Toast in the oven or in a toaster oven on 350° F until golden brown for about 5-7 minutes.
- Check every minute or two and stir (or spin tray around) to toast evenly.
- Rinse fish and sprinkle pepper.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon on the fish.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet.
- Cook one side of fillet over medium heat for 5 minutes (if there is skin on one side, cook the fish skin side up first.)
- Flip each fillet and spread the honey onto the fillets and cook for 5 minutes on the other side (the halibut is done when it’s opaque and lightly flakes with a fork. If needed, cook for about 2-3 more minutes.)
- Remove from heat and top with toasted hazelnuts.
1. To give the nuts even more flavor, you can quickly sauté them in the pan once you remove the fish. The nuts will pick up any of the honey and coconut oil still in the pan and become slightly glazed.
2. This dish goes great with steamed string beans.