- 6–7 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- ½-inch knob of ginger
- 3 cups vegetable stock
3 tbsps extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Wash and pat dry carrots and ginger.
- Chop carrots and onions.
- Grate ginger.
Bring coconut oil to medium heat in medium-large pot.
- Sauté onions until translucent but not browned.
Add ginger and sea salt and cook for another two minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for five minutes.
- Cover with three cups water.
Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat and simmer for 20–25 minutes, until carrots are tender and soup is fragrant.
- Turn off heat, let sit for 10–15 minutes to cool.
Then transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You could also use an immersion blender directly in the pot.
- Garnish with cilantro
- Add 1 teaspoon curry powder or cinnamon
For a creamier version, add ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk to blender
Back to Recipes