4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb. ground organic bison
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. jarred marinara
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 c. vegan cheese or goat cheese
1 c. shredded mozzarella
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out the insides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add ground organic bison and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add marinara and stir until combined.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Spread vegan cheese on bottom of each zucchini boat, then spoon bison sauce over vegan cheese layer and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Back to Recipes