Spicy Leek Meatballs
- 1 pound organic/ grass fed ground turkey or organic/ grass fed ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups minced leeks (white and light green part only, about one bunch)
- 2 fresh chili peppers, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead well by hand until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture into 10 to 12 equal portions, about 1/4 cup each. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs and pan-fry, covered, turning occasionally until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm.
- Serve over a bed of simple steamed greens.
Back to Recipes