- 6–7 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- ½-inch knob of ginger
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsps extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Wash and pat dry carrots and ginger.
- Chop carrots and onions.
- Grate ginger.
- Bring coconut oil to medium heat in medium-large pot.
- Sauté onions until translucent but not browned.
- Add ginger and sea salt and cook for another two minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for five minutes.
- Cover with three cups water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat and simmer for 20–25 minutes, until carrots are tender and soup is fragrant.
- Turn off heat, let sit for 10–15 minutes to cool.
- Then transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You could also use an immersion blender directly in the pot.
1. Garnish with cilantro
2. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder or cinnamon
3. For a creamier version, add ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk to blender