- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 bunch rosemary
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Soak cashews in filtered water for four hours or overnight.
- Rinse asparagus and sweet potatoes and cube sweet potatoes. Break off tough asparagus ends.
- Bring three cups of salted water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes first, then the asparagus.
- Remove asparagus after three minutes and transfer to plate.
- Allow sweet potato to simmer for five more minutes or until tender. Transfer to plate.
- Add sweet potato, soaked cashews, coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper to blender and blend on high until creamy. Add water if too thick.
- Bring olive oil to medium-high heat in pan and sear asparagus for 3–5 minutes on each side, until slightly charred.
- Rinse and pat dry rosemary and add to pan after you remove asparagus.
- Cook rosemary for a minute or less, just until crispy but not burnt.
- Ladle sauce over asparagus and top with rosemary.
Credit: Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016