Kale is a superfood. According to WebMD, this hardy green vegetable, which is a member of the cabbage family, can lower cholesterol and cancer risk. It's low in calories, like most vegetables, but is also a good source of a whole range of essential nutrients, like calcium, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, potassium, copper, and fiber.
Kale Salad With Apples And Toasted Almonds Recipe
By Celia de Flers
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. minced shallot
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE SALAD
- 2 large bunches of kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 1/2 c. toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, and shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together kale, apples, cherries, and almonds.
- Toss with dressing and top with feta to serve.