- 1 cup raw almonds, ground
- 2 tbsps raw almond butter
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 3 tbsps quinoa flakes, ground
- 2 tbsps raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan
- Whisk cacao powder into coconut oil in double boiler until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add salt and vanilla extract. Set aside in bowl.
- Grind almonds and quinoa flakes in food processor and add to bowl.
- Add coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Combine well with spoon until thick paste forms.
- Line small muffin tray with paper cups.
- Drizzle one tablespoon chocolate into the bottom of each liner then freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and top with one teaspoon almond mixture then another tablespoon of chocolate.
- Return to freezer after 20–30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Credit: Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016