- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped with stems
- 1/2 medium daikon radish, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Heat a medium sized pot with 2 inches of water.
- When the water boils, add kale and daikon radish, blanch for 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well, tasting to adjust amounts to your desire.
This dish includes all of the five tastes: Sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and pungent. It can be helpful in bringing balance to the system after a period of not-so-healthy eating.
- Add some dulse flakes and sesame seeds.
- Add some toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
- Also try adding other vegetables you like such as cauliflower, broccoli, string beans, or asparagus
- Pair this dish with steamed fish.